Terms & Conditions
These terms & conditions were last updated 21 November 2006.
All advertisements or auctions are accepted on the following conditions. Any reference to Coin co includes any owner or employee of Coin co NZ
1. The acceptance of any advertisement or auction is entirely at the discretion of Coin co. Coin co reserves the right to refuse any advertisement or auction on the grounds of objectionable content, or any misuse of the service provided by Coin co.
2. Advertisements or auctions must not contain material that is deceptive, misleading, discriminatory or is or might be unlawful in any respect.
3. Coin co is not liable for any errors in placement or typographical errors in any advertisement.
4. While Coin co takes reasonable steps to ensure that its systems are reliable, fast, secure and virus free, Coin co shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential losses resulting from any error, omission or inaccuracy in any advertisement or auction and Coin co's liability in any circumstances shall be limited to the cost of the advertisement or auction in which the error occurs, or a free advertisement or auction whichever is the lesser, where it can be shown that the error, omission or inaccuracy was (a) material and substantial and (b) attributable to the fault of Coin co and (c) such claim must be made within seven days. No claim will be accepted after seven days.
5. The advertiser agrees to compensate and indemnify Coin co and its servants and agents against any actions, claims, damages, costs or losses sustained by any of them that arise as a result of or in connection with the publication of the Advertisement.
6. Coin co. reserves the right to edit advertisements or auctions for brevity if required.
7. The Advertiser agrees that Coin co may, at its discretion, publish, broadcast, disseminate, or otherwise make available all or part of the information supplied by the Advertiser in any medium utilised by Coin co for that purpose.
8. Coin co does not guarantee the insertion of any particular advertisement or auction or that the advertisement or auction will be available as scheduled. In the case of internet services Coin co does not undertake to have the publication accessible at all times during the period the advertisement or auction is booked to appear.
9. Coin co may impose specific terms and conditions in addition to these terms and conditions in relation to any particular publication. Coin co reserves the right to change these terms and conditions, including any terms and conditions that relate to a specific publication, at any time, in which case the new terms and conditions shall be binding on all advertisers.
10. Coin co reserves the right to determine in which classification a advertisement or auction may appear,
2. Coin co is not itself a contracting party to any sale transaction facilitated through this site, nor is it a sales agent.
2.1 Coin co does not warrant that all information (including feedback) displayed online is correct or reliable
2.2 All transactions are conducted at the parties' own risk and Coin co accepts no responsibility or liability for; the quality or fitness of the goods or services concerned, any representations made concerning the goods or services, or the vendor's title to any particular goods..
2.3 Coin co is not liable for any loss or harm of any description, whether direct or indirect, suffered by any party, arising out of or in connection with any listing or transaction undertaken through Coin co
2.4 The placement or publication of a listing by Coin co does not constitute a warranty that the transaction may lawfully be conducted through Coin co.
2.5 Where a more complex transaction is contemplated, or where a party has any doubts at all concerning a transaction, independent legal advice should be sought.
2.6 It is the intention of Coin co to provide a high quality website which is accessible and functioning at all times. However, it accepts no responsibility or liability to any party for any failure of the website resulting in partial or total unavailability for any period of time.
3. Discretion to Remove or Alter any Listing
3.1 Coin co is at all times entitled to remove or alter any listing for any reason, entirely at its discretion, including but not limited to any of the following circumstances:
1. Where the content of the listing is or might be objectionable, offensive, unlawful or defamatory;
2. Where there is reasonable cause to believe that the party placing the listing has in the past engaged in any dishonest or unethical practices in relation to this or any similar website, or has in the past breached these terms and conditions;
3. Where there is reasonable cause to believe that the party placing a auction or barter listing is not in NZ so unsuited to the intent of the service provided by Coin co;
4. Where the listing includes any reference or link to any other website.
3.2 The following items are considered prohibited content and we do not accept advertising for:
* Illegal objects
* Airline tickets
* Offensive or glorification of war objects
* Lottery tickets
* Tickets for concerts, sporting events etc
* Firearms or weapons
* Multi level marketing schemes
* Rare or endangered species
* Tobacco and cigarettes
3.3 Similarly Coin co may at its discretion remove any person from its register because of any relation of the circumstances described above.
3.4 Coin co may allocate any particular listing to a category of its choosing.
4. Terms Relating Specifically to Sellers
4.1 In addition to the preceding terms and conditions, the terms set out here apply specifically to vendors of goods and services offered in Coin co.
4.2 All parties listing advertisements, paid or unpaid, for the sale or goods or services, agree to indemnify Coin co against all claims, losses or damages of any form, including any legal costs incurred, resulting from or connected with that listing. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes any judgment award or order in favour of any outside party and/or any fine or penalty payable to a regulatory body.
4.3 It is the responsibility of the vendor of any goods or services to ensure compliance with all laws which are or might be applicable to the transaction.
4.4 By using Coin co a vendor agrees to honour the obligations incurred to any purchaser and to promptly forward the purchased item or supply the agreed services consistently with the terms of sale.
4.5 No vendor shall engage in conduct which might bring Coin co into disrepute or cause damage its reputation.
5. Terms Relating Specifically to Buyers
5.1 In addition to the preceding terms and conditions, the terms set out here apply specifically to purchasers of goods and services offered in Coin co.
5.2 The minimum age for buying or selling at Coin co is 18.
Young people still in parental custody/guardianship may purchase goods or services on Coin co only with the consent and guidance of their parent or guardian. They shall not in any event purchase goods in circumstances where the retail sale of such goods to that person, being under a prescribed age, would be prohibited by law.
5.3 The purchase price shall be paid fully and promptly and in all respects consistently with the terms agreed with the vendor.
5.4 No purchaser shall engage in conduct which might bring Coin co into disrepute or cause damage to its reputation.
6.1 The personal information provided in a completed registration form is used solely for purposes connected with the service provided by Coin co except where the person registering agrees to receive email information on new services, site updates and material which may be of interest.
6.2 In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, any person in respect of whom Coin co possesses personal information may have access to that information and may require it to be corrected or deleted.
6.3 All parties placing a listing with Coin co, whether paid or unpaid, must take care to ensure that the contact details provided in the listing are correct and are authorised by the relevant householder or business owner.
6.4 Coin co may disclose personal information in its possession to outside parties only when it is required to do so by law.
7.1 Parties using Coin co, whether for selling or purchasing goods or services, agree that Coin co will not be a party to any dispute arising out of or in connection with any listing or related transaction, nor will Coin co be required to participate in any formal or informal legal dispute resolution process between the parties.
7.2 Where any copyright work, whether literary, artistic or otherwise, is created by Coin co NZ for the purpose of any advertisement, the copyright is the property of Coin co NZ.
7.3 Where any listing includes a trade mark or existing copyright work, the listing party warrants that it is authorised to deal with the trade mark or copyright work in the manner contemplated in the listing.
7.5 Any failure or delay by Coin co to enforce any of these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver.
7.6 These terms and conditions may be amended at any time and the amendment becomes effective when published on this website.
7.7 These terms and conditions and other policies posted on the site consitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any previous agreements.
7.8 Credits are issued for use at this site only and cannot be transfered or redeemed for cash.
8.1 Coin co NZ reserves the right to change the fees charged for any of our services at any time. Coin co NZ's current fees
are displayed on our fees
8.2 Listing fees are not refundable. Coin co NZ may (at our discretion) refund a success fee if the sale is not successfully completed. Coin co NZ will only issue refunds in the form of credit to the Coin co NZ account of the member. Cash refunds will not be issued.
8.3 You must settle any negative account balance immediately. Coin co NZ reserves the right to take action against you to recover outstanding debts. You are liable for all expenses (including legal fees) that Coin co NZ incurs when collecting that debt.
8.4 If your membership is terminated Coin co NZ will refund the balance of your credit account, less a $10 manual processing fee that is payable to Coin co NZ. No refund will be made if the account balance is below $10. Free credits gifted to the member will not be refunded.
8.5 If you do not log on to Coin co NZ for a period of 36 months, any unused balance on your account may be forfeited to Coin co NZ and your membership may be suspended.
8.6 Free Credits on accounts with Coin co NZ are not transferable between members.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand Aotearoa.